2021 VACCE Staff Development Conference
The VACCE Staff Development Conference is an opportunity for chamber executives and their staff members to meet and exchange ideas in order to promote and support their communities. This event provides information relevant to all chamber employees and to the everyday operation of the chamber.
The 2021 event will be held as a half-day, VIRTUAL Event
Date: Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- 1:00PM – Official VACCE Welcome
- 1:10PM – OPENING SESSION – Social Media in this Changing World – Shannon Loy, The Social Ginger
- Attendees will have a clear understanding as to why social media matters now more than ever to engage and inform their membership and locality that they serve. Topics covered during this presentation will include, but won’t be limited to:
- Why use social media marketing
- What social channels matter
- Strategic ideas that work
- Tools to make social media management easier
- 2:30PM – BREAKOUT SESSIONS – (one group will stay on main Zoom link, others would change to a separate Zoom link)
- 2:30 - 3:30PM (Main Link) – How to Market Your Events on Social Media – Shannon Loy, The Social Ginger
- We all know events are what help drive revenue for chambers, but how do you get people to attend? In this session, attendees will learn how to leverage social media to promote events so that they are a success.
- What platforms work best to promote your events
- Putting a strategy together to promote your events
- Create ways to post about your upcoming events (FB Events, Going Live, etc.)
- Quick review of how to boost a post to promote
- 2:30 - 3:30PM (Montgomery Chamber Link) – Strategic Planning & Programming: No More Shiny Objects – Sharon Scott, Montgomery Chamber
- New things happen, and if 2020 taught us anything, we know we can pivot. In reality, we should not be shifting and pivoting monthly. Strategic planning is essential to guiding your chamber, so how can we manage the process? This program will guide you through the planning process and allow the chamber staff to focus resources and energy toward achieving primary goals. Sharon Scott, Executive Director of the Montgomery County Chamber, will share a strategy that works for her board and staff, supporting accountability toward goals – and not allowing as many shiny objects to change focus.
- 3:30 - 4:30PM (Main Link) – Crisis Planning: The How To’s and Whys – Nneka Logan, Virginia Tech School of Communications
- If you are ACCE certified, you must have a crisis management plan, but a crisis plan is more than certification. Nneka Logan, Ph.D. and Associate Professor at Virginia Tech in the School of Communications, will lead this session. Dr. Logan has worked in business and industry in PR and Communications roles for large and small companies. She will guide us through how to build a plan and how to communicate through a crisis. Maybe this is a refresher, it is perhaps a reminder, and maybe it is the first time you have considered such a plan; this will prove crucial to your chamber’s future.
- 3:30 - 4:30PM (Montgomery Chamber Link) – Virtual: The Reality – Robyn Jones, JOBA Studio
- We know it is real – Zoom fatigue! This session is designed to create more exciting ways to engage your members VIRTUALLY. What can be done to make lively and engaging virtual meetings? Robyn Jones, CEO of JOBA Design, will guide you and listen to your challenges. JOBA Design has developed exciting on-line conferences and virtual annual meetings for the last 11 months that engage audiences. You will walk away with at least one new idea to add some excitement to your virtual chamber meetings.
- 4:30PM – CLOSING SESSION – Celebrating Success (VACCE Chamber Exec of the Year Award and Service Award announcements)
There are multiple ways you can join us for this 2021 Event:
- One (1) Registration Only, MEMBER - $50.00
- Unlimited Registrations from Same Chamber, MEMBER - $100.00
- One (1) Registration Only, NON-MEMBER - $100.00
No refunds will be offered after Tuesday, March 2, 2021.